By way of sharing the nature of those opportunities as transparently as possible, here are the facts:
- We chose to remain in Covington, rather than relocate.
- We will remain in our current building and invest in improvements to it.
- Orestod Holdings, the owner of Marias Technology and other properties, is constructing a 26,000 sq. ft., three-story building adjacent to our current building.
- Orestod also acquired the seven buildings to the west of the current Marias building, facing High Street. Six were demolished. The southernmost building, now being renovated, will initially house overflow from Marias. Once renovations are complete, the building will house three new retail spaces.
- The retail space in the six demolished buildings will be replaced in the new construction, with more than 6,500 sq. ft. of retail space on the first floor.
- Marias will occupy the second and third floors of the new construction, approximately 17,000 sq. ft.
- The new construction will be home to Glacier View Coffee, owned and operated by Orestod, with supported and products from Boston Stoker. Glacier View will occupy more than 2,000 sq. ft. and will be open to the public.
- The new construction also will home to Boscoe’s Place, a restaurant that will occupy 4,000+ sq. ft.
- The architect on the project is Candace Goodall of Troy.
- Brackett Builders of Troy has been chosen to construct the building.
- Financing for the project is provided by Greenville Federal.
- Choice One Engineering has done all the surveying and will continue to advise on the project.
- Construction started in May of 2020.
To keep up with the progress on our new building, please visit the Orestod Holdings website.
Covington has come a long way and continues to move forward. It’s still the village we all love. And with improved infrastructure and solid village services thanks to the leadership of Mayor Ed McCord, Village Administrator Mike Busse, the members of the Village Council, and every employee of the Village of Covington, it will continue to improve to the benefit of all its residents. We have strong, modern schools thanks to Superintendent Gene Gooding, the Covington Board of Education, and the principals, teachers, and staff members. Covington is also a safe place to live thanks to the Covington Police Department and Covington Fire & Rescue.
Because Covington taxpayers carry the burden for Covington’s municipal services, we intend to forego any tax abatements on our project. The village recently adopted a Downtown Revitalization District, which will see a large portion of our property taxes allocated to a fund for low- or no-interest loans for improvements by our downtown business neighbors. Foregoing our tax abatements will help those around us contribute to the betterment of Covington.
Contact UsIf Marias Technology can benefit you and your organization, we would love the opportunity to discuss it with you. Please use the contact form below and we will contact you soon.
25 East Wright St
Covington OH 45318